Thursday, May 27, 2010

Good times in Shelbyville & Brownstown

Well, had a full day yesterday and today. I forgot to mention in my last post the trip to St. Elmo to visit Uncle Dean. Oh the look on his face when I told him I had four cats!

Yesterday we went to Uncle Bob and Aunt Robin's in Shelbyville. Uncle Jim and Aunt Marge were there, having driven from Tucson, Arizona. Pretty soon, Uncle Bill showed up as well; he's from St. Elmo. I met my cousin Leiff for the first time (Bob & Robin's eldest), as well as his fiance Marty and her mom Linda. Then the three of them had to go, and the rest of us went out to dinner at the Mexican restaurant in Shelbyville. After dinner, Mike, Dad, Uncle Bob, Uncle Jim and Uncle Bill went fishing. I spent a little time with my cousin Trystan and his boyfriend Josh in their little house on Bob & Robin's property, then we went inside the main house to help with moving some boxes and a desk. The house used to be Aunt Robin's parent's house; they still haven't fully settled in because there's a lot of renovating that needs to be done. Apparently it used to be the old schoolhouse, which is kind of neat. Anyway, when we went in the house, my cousin Jo Jo (Bill's daughter) had come over; the seven of us did some organizing and cleanup so there's a bit more space in the house. Then we sat around bsing... until 1:30am, when the men finally returned from fishing. My brother caught a decent sized Walleye. Well, by the time we got back to our room, it was bedtime & no time for blogging.

Today, we went back to Aunt Linda and Uncle Steve's. We socialized and decorated the barn, which is where the reception is being held. So perfectly rednecked!
People I met today:
Linda & Steve's daughter Kandi, her husband Hideki, her three kids Leslie, Alex, and Sato, and Leslie's girlfriend Midori
Uncle Orval & Aunt Sylvia's daughter Tanya, her kids Emily, Sarah, Esther, and James, Emily's daughter Audriana, and James' friend Jennifer
Orval & Sylvia's son Jason
Brandy's kids Jonathon, Nathan, Devon, and Delaina
Dave's wife Mary Lou, their son Bryce

I'm having a great time down here getting to know my extended family, and man there's a lot of them. The wedding's tomorrow and I'll get to see my Uncle Loren and my Uncle Marion and Aunt Paulette. Looking forward to a great party! I'll be posting again on Saturday. Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment