Friday, April 2, 2010

The Veil Is Torn

Today, I commemorate the sacrifice of my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, Yeshua Ha'Mashiach. The Son of God offered Himself up as the Passover lamb, the final atonement for all sin, so that, covered by His blood, we may overcome death. The Spirit in me, and I in Christ, and Christ in the Father's hand! I now have access through the torn veil to the throne of grace, the Most Holy Place, the direct presence of God. Christ is my High Priest and only intercessor, and His blood covers all my unrighteousness. I, who by rights should die in the mere presence of His holiness, may now bask in His presence, speak to Him, seek His counsel, lean on Him! I am so unworthy and so grateful.

And Jesus cried out again with a loud voice, and yielded up His spirit.
And behold, the veil of the temple was torn in two from top to bottom; and the earth shook and the rocks were split.
Matthew 27:50-51


Surely our griefs He Himself bore, and our sorrows He carried; yet we ourselves esteemed Him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted. But He was pierced through for our transgressions, He was crushed for our iniquities; the chastening for our well-being fell upon Him, and by His scourging we are healed. All of us like sheep have gone astray, each of us has turned to his own way; but the LORD has caused the iniquity of us all to fall on Him.
Isaiah 53:4-6

1 comment:

  1. Kat, I have just been playing a game of 'catch-up' here at One Step Closer... and girl, once again your willingness to be open and yielding to the Lord and His ways continues to bless me... and I don't doubt for one moment that others are being blessed as well.

    Sweetheart, God never intended for one moment that we would be ruled by our emotions, His purpose has always been HIS rule and reign in our hearts and minds - and this is the pursuit that I see in you.

    I don't want to take up any more space here than I ought, but here is what I am thinking... 1 Corinthians 2:16 tells us that we, believers, have been given the mind of Christ - you just keep claiming that and choosing to think with THAT precious mind sweetheart, each and every time that onslaught comes!

    And by the way, I just thrilled with this post The Veil is Torn. I've been in a personal study of the temple recently and to know that the temple veil was torn from top to bottom, a picture of the rent veil of the flesh of the Son of God, through Whom we now have access to the Father.... powerful!

    May God bless you Kat, with the nearness of Himself.

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete