Monday, April 12, 2010

The Results Are In

I finally got the results for which I've been waiting from the naturopath. Turns out that my thyroid's just fine, but my hormones are completely out of whack. My testosterone, DHEA, and progesterone levels are all low. Apparently that also means that my "good" estrogen level is low as well, even though my estrogen showed normal. "Bad" estrogen (synthetic estrogen from birth control, in my case) accumulates and affects progesterone and natural estrogen levels. Virtually all my symptoms can be attributed to these deficiencies, which is fantastic, since they're easily treated. I'm now using a progesterone cream (you know, the kind menopausal women use instead of HRT), an estrogen cleanse, and a product called Tribulus Synergy to up my testosterone and DHEA. That one's my favorite; it's got "Male Response Formula" on the label. So looking in my cupboard, you might think I'm a menopausal woman, or a man, which amuses me.
Things I'm looking forward to with the balancing of my hormones: better and more stable moods, more energy, better complexion, increased libido (I know, you didn't want to know), weight loss...

I'm feeling much better today, dealing with my dog's passing. I'm so blessed to have such a wonderful husband to support me and hold me while I cry, cheer me up when I'm done crying, reminisce with me, and just love me in general. He's a rare sort of man. I'm blessed to have the support, love, and prayers (mixed in with a good dose of worry, I'm sure) of my best friend- Mom and my dad. And all the friends who sympathized with me on facebook. It all helps and I know that God is watching out for me and has placed these people in my life.
I am looking for another dog, but I'm not in a rush. If it's God's will, it will fall into place. If it's not His plan right now, it won't work out. I'm not just running to the pound and taking home the first dog I see -- and I wish no one else would either. A dog is a ten+ year commitment, so take your time, think it through, and make sure it's the right fit for your family. Oh and spay and neuter your pets! (And that's my public service announcement for the day)

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad to hear that there is some positive news for you this week! I have been praying for you for breakthrough.

    love bex

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cat,

    I finally got to your blog. What a fantastic writer you are! Good to hear that you should be feeling better soon and am looking forward to seeing you on Thursday. Hope you were able to get started in our study. If you haven't yet, maybe a prayer to God would help you to get started. I know that once you start you will feel so much better.
    With love
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete